Get The Help You Need From An Accident Attorney
About Me
Get The Help You Need From An Accident Attorney

My name is Arlene, and two years ago, I was involved in a car accident that wasn't my fault. I had some injuries that required a hospital stay, and I was unable to return to work for several weeks. I didn't know how I was going to pay my bills, and it was very stressful for me. My friend told me that I needed to hire an accident and personal injury attorney so I could recover my lost wages and medical costs. I was so glad that I hired the attorney, and my stress level immediately went down. Through the attorney, I was able to get a settlement, and I was no longer in financial trouble. I am writing this blog to let everyone know the importance of hiring an attorney after an accident. It's my wish that this blog will help others who are in similar situations.

Get The Help You Need From An Accident Attorney

If Your Loved One Is Scared: When They Report Abuse From A Caregiver To You

Mattie Bennett

If you have a loved one in the nursing home, it can be hard to trust that they are getting the care that they deserve. While nursing homes work hard to ensure the safety of their residents, abuse of residents in the nursing home happens. When a loved one is scared and reports abuse to you, it's important to take their claim seriously. Even if your loved one shows signs of dementia, there may be truth to what they are telling you. Take the time to sit down with your loved one, and ask questions to gather more details.

Contact the Nursing Home Ombudsman

The Nursing Home Ombudsman program is a federal program designed to protect residents in nursing home and assisted living facilities from neglect and abuse. Ombudsmen are trained volunteers assigned to the facility, who visit on a regular basis to check the conditions in which the residents are living in. The ombudsman will meet with residents and share concerns with nursing home administration if a need arises. This allows residents to share concerns without fear of retaliation, as an ombudsman does not report who made the complaint. If you are worried about the abuse of a loved one, you can contact the nursing home ombudsman and ask to meet.

Meet with Your Loved One's Social Worker

If you want to talk with a member of the staff in the nursing home about suspected abuse, talk with the social worker of the facility. Sometimes social workers are assigned to residents, while in a small facility there may be only one social worker. Ask to have a meeting with the social worker and relay your concerns. If you are not satisfied with their answer, you have every right to continue expressing your concerns to other administrators in the facility.

Speak with an Attorney

When you have a strong belief that your loved one is being abused, it's important to speak with an attorney. If your loved one has sustained a physical injury, an attorney can help figure out what happened to cause the injury. While accidents happen in nursing homes, if your loved one wasn't being monitored properly this can be considered neglect. If there is a significant injury because of suspected abuse, you have every right to file a personal injury lawsuit on behalf of your loved one.

When a loved one in a nursing home is scared, it is up to you to get to the bottom of the story. You can click here to read more.